Electric / Electronic Group Leader
For one of its partners, a leading provider of technical solutions improving performance of Airports from approach to departure, Benson & Winch is looking for an Electric / Electronic group leader.
Your main objective will be making your team successful to deliver good quality products in the right time at the right cost.
Since our client’s products range from low voltage –low power- to high voltage –high power; your proven design experience in low and high voltage electronics should enable the team to bridge any problems that occur during the challenging projects.
• Manage people in the group: provide the necessary coaching and steering, take care of competence and training, create a good cooperation within the group and with the interface partners, take care of all person-related issues and administration
• Participate and organize participation in the different development projects to cover the aspects of electrical/electronic design for these products in accordance with the respective standards (FAA,ICAO,…) and with the CE/EMC/IEC requirements.
• Provide adequate reporting toward all stakeholders via e.g. weekly status meetings and monthly project report charts.
• Provide extensive risk management: foresee possible risks and fall back positions or mitigation strategies, report or escalate in time if risks occur.
• Manage, organize and balance the workload of the group, taking into account the aspects such as quality, time-schedules and cost.
• Responsible for full or sub projects : plan the project (set up the project organization, provide detailed project planning, get commitments on needed resources and budget, estimate project cost, agree with all involved stakeholders); follow up the project (monitor progress of the project, take all possible actions to avoid deviations in timing, in cost or in quality, organize meetings when necessary (e.g. to declare milestones)); provide extensive risk management (foresee possible risks and fall back positions or mitigation strategies, report or escalate in time if risks occur).
• Coordinate the creation of new/changed quality procedures for the group and the incorporation in the existing quality system and product lifecycle management system.
• For external relations, the group leader manages the technical relation with innovative suppliers, subcontractors, universities, external laboratories and other business fields.
• Drive the realization of new concepts, research on product/process improvements and knowledge management.
• Participate in steering R&D together with the other group leaders, the R&D Director and the R&D financial controller.
• Coordinate and drive the securing of intellectual work through the generation of invention disclosures and patents.
• Adhere to all relevant administrative requirements, policies and procedures and respect confidentiality of data and compliance rules.
• Product Maintenance of existing products during product life cycle.
• Master Engineer or equivalent by experience
• Expert knowledge of low and high voltage electronics and components, design of analog and digital circuits and series and parallel circuit power supplies & design
• Knowledge of market, market trends, competitors, customer potentials, market shares,...
• Ability for creative, out-of-the-box thinking.
• Willingness to travel and to stay abroad for short periods.
• Some knowledge in various programming languages (C, C++, Visual C, Visual basic, assembler…)
• Some knowledge in operating systems for PC & communication protocols
• Knowledge in powerline communication
• Insight in modern production processes for PCB’s
• Knowledge of ‘waterfall’ and ‘agile’ development methodology
• Knowledge of electrical test tools, machines and measurement tools
• Good experience in project management and related tools
• Experience in IPR management, innovation management
• Proven experience with people management including competence management, career management, communication techniques and related tools
• Professional knowledge of CE/EMC/IEC norms & requirement
• Knowledge of relevant international and national standards (FAA,ICAO, …) is an asset but not a must
• Professional knowledge of products and systems used on airports is an asset but not a must
• Good knowledge of Windows, office environment and Sharepoint applications
• Different design tools for PCB’s e.g. Altium, MATLAB, etc.
• Different configuration environments e.g. PDM works, SVN
• Multi-language, international & intercultural experience
• English is a must
• Dutch, French, German are assets
This description matches your profile and expectations?