Site Manager - Logistics for Life Sciences & Healthcare industries
One of our partners, part of the world’s leading supply chain & logistics group, is looking for a Site Manager to join its life sciences and healthcare site based in Mechelen.
Our partner’s life sciences and healthcare site provides services such as warehousing, packaging and temperature controlled logistics to its customer.
As a Site Manager, you will take full operational and budgetary responsibility for the management of the site, working through the site management team to ensure the satisfactory achievement of the company's obligations to its customers. You will also show leadership in reaching the strategic goals, in developing people and teams and in complying fully with the policies of the company.
• Apply the structure and methodology for the operations to meet the customer's requirements and the profitability targets.
• Support the development and the implementation of our partner’ Supply Chain Strategy and performance programs.
• Responsible for achieving Operating Profit, Operating Cash Flow and Account Profitability with the agreed level of Business Operating Assets.
• Draw up, implement, monitor and control the budget and the operational costs for all the operations in the cluster, by optimizing the Customer Satisfaction Level and the Employee Engagement.
• Comply with the legal and contractual obligations and with the policies of the company.
People Management: Lead a local team
• Recruit, train, coach and deploy all staff within the agreed budget constraints and HR policies and processes.
• Utilise resources efficiently to improve productivity and create a culture of quality and ownership.
• Ensure effective succession plans are in place.
• Set Key objectives for the direct reports.
• Manage and motivate a large team monitoring their sickness/absence and performance levels.
• Initiate and support appropriate and effective communication channels with customers, suppliers, employees and their representatives.
• Facilitate and contribute in the development of both new and existing customers.
• Maintain customer relationship and understand the client's business in order to anticipate its needs and deliver exceptional service.
• Monitor both the customer's needs and requirements and the work of the account teams to produce timely and correct invoices and to deal with debtor management as a priority.
Health & Safety
• Implement, regularly review, and strictly enforce safe systems of working in the warehouse / office areas. Ensuring full compliance with both site-specific and company policies, and all relevant government legislation.
Maintenance & housekeeping
• Work through the site management teams to keep all internal and external operations area in adequate order.
• Overlook the government and execution of business projects in the cluster, following the company standards
• P&L responsible for his/her customer(s)
• Utilise resources efficiently to improve productivity and create a culture of quality and ownership
• Financial result in terms of Revenue, Gross Margin, EBITA and EAC for the cluster and the underlying operations
• PER (Productivity / Efficiency Ratio)
• Customer Profitability
• Customer Satisfaction
• Employee Engagement favorable rate in EOS
• Active Leadership favorable rate in EOS
• Lost Time Injury Frequency Rate (LTIFR) in Health & Safety
• Employee Attendance Rate
• Employee Voluntary Turnover Rate
• Internal and external audit reports
Qualifications and Requirements
• Master Degree or equivalent;
• 5 to 10 years of experience in a similar role in logistics operations
• Perfectly fluent in Dutch and English
• You can have a basic conversation in French;
• Mobility in terms of national travel (site visits) and limited amount of international travel (< 10 %).
This description matches your profile and expectations?