System Engineer - Computer Vision technologies
Our client is a high-tech company located in Belgium, USA and Asia (500 employees) delivering state-of-the-art solutions in the field of Depth Sensing and Natural Interfaces technologies.
You will be designing new electronic products, in particular state-of-the-art real-time depth sensors and cameras. Your main focus will be to improve our cameras depth maps by finding novel ways to utilize their hardware and by designing new signal and image processing algorithms. You will carry out innovative research related to 3D sensing techniques.
Our client offers you the opportunity to gain multidisciplinary experience with image and signal processing, computer vision, image sensors and device physics as well as digital and analog electronics, while working on a broad range of applied research projects.
• Characterization and modelling of 3D sensing systems
• Design and execute experiments and analyse measurement data
• Find new ideas to improve performance, or reduce size, power consumption or BOM cost of existing and future products
• Develop these ideas into proven, stable product features
• Have a broad overview of the whole solution stack (from image sensor to end-user software application), help improve it at all levels, and define at which level(s) features are implemented
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual with the following skills:
• Fluent in English
• Master’s degree
• Good knowledge of Matlab and statistics is required
• Experience with algorithm development and/or characterization and modelling
• Experience with multiple programming languages and software development processes
• Knowledge of Python, C, and/or C++ is an advantage
• Experience with analog and digital electronics is an advantage
• Knowledge of image processing is an advantage
• An analytical mind, strong commitment to quality and attention to detail are necessary. You are able to work autonomously and take initiative
• Result-oriented, pragmatic and innovative problem-solver
• Team spirit, good social skills and a broad interest in technology are a must since you will be working in a multidisciplinary team of hardware and software engineers
This description matches your profile and expectations?