System Engineer (PLC/SCADA)
Liege Region, Belgium
For one its partners, a leading express delivery company, Benson & Winch is looking for a System Engineer.
As such, you will provide engineering expertise for local sorting facility and/or sort systems including maintenance-related equipment engineering, problem-analysis/investigation/resolution, enhancements to existing equipment and sort system evaluations with a focus on sort control software.
Role based in Liege region.
• Provides technical support to automated sort system Operations Management for resolution of electrical, control problems.
• Under guidance for more complex programs, develops, recommends and implements new/revised service level agreements to effectively manage Control systems.
• Serves as prime department representative in dealing with outside engineers, vendors and contractors for sort equipment and/or facilities systems.
System related training and development
• Supports the development of specific technical trainings through defined research/analysis; delivers agreed classes to field employees locally
• Conducts regularly scheduled evaluations of existing local systems by applying engineering principles of analysis (QDM) to ensure relevancy and detect possible deteriorations in performance.
• Communicates findings to relevant management.
• Resolves system problems and enhances output.
• Develops preventative maintenance standards and methods for all electrical and electronic controls.
• Closely interacts with maintenance & engineering teams to develop permanent improvements.
• Utilises all available sources to keep abreast of new/changing technologies & methodologies in the market place related to own area of responsibility and remains current with changes in the business that could potentially impact the job.
• Assists in developing technical standards to ensure consistency of design, safety, spares stock in his area of responsibility and maintenance methods and to ensure optimised cost reduction.
• Supports operational or facilities projects by identifying possible solutions to new requirements.
Corporate Responsibility / Health & Safety
• Complies with local, national legislation and the company's corporate social responsibility, health, safety and environmental standards and responsibilities as identified within the management systems of the company and directly supports line management in effectively implementing these management systems
• Implements management systems, for CR, H&S, and environmental standards.
• Promotes corporate values.
• Communicates hazards and risks to workers
• Makes sure workers act safely
• Communicates H&S procedures and instructions and makes sure it is well understood and applied
• Displays a positive, open and cooperative behavior in order to facilitate a good relationship inside and outside the department, avoid and help to solve conflicts.
Essential Educational and / or Training Qualifications & Certificates
• Engineering degree or equivalent through experience
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
• Knowledge of basic electrical & mechanical engineering
• Knowledge & experience on programmable logic controller (LPC)
• Knowledge & experience on Human-Machine interface software and soft component
• Knowledge of label scanning technologies
• Understanding of business/financial processes
Necessary Technical / Functional Skills
• Business & technical expertise: has the required technical & professional knowledge & commercial awareness; understands the company business, philosophy, mission & strategy.
• Team alignment: builds effective working relationships within own team, other functions (internal/external) and Customer base in order to achieve set goals.
• Communication: identifies the forms of communication to clearly convey the desired message in an effective and engaging manner.
• Commitment to results: with a flexible approach, focuses on achieving set goals by using effective methods to prioritise & plan work.
• Problem solving: correctly determines the root cause of problems, identifies potential solutions and implements the most appropriate or the approved solutions.
• Analytical focus: analyses data in a logical, systematic and sequential way.
• Quality focus: accomplishing tasks by considering attention for detail and accuracy of processes with a constant focus on task simplification.
• Safety focus: identifies and corrects conditions that affect employee safety and upholds safety standards.
• Good command of English
• PC Skills
Required Behavioral Competencies
• Presentation skills
• Communication skills
• Able to work effectively with different cultures & nationalities
• Able to translate technical information & model outputs into user-friendly lay language & format
• Able to perform audits of processes & procedures
This description matches your profile and expectations?