Application Engineer Consultant
Benson & Winch is searching for an Application Engineer Consulant to join our pharmaceutical client in their office
Small projects management and support of the operational lifecycle of the IT Medical applications
IT Medical provides solutions to the Medical Affairs and Business Development teams. These solutions are:
• mainly related to external stakeholders: from the Outside In (external funding, medical documentation, business development) and from the Inside Out (public disclosure: material clearance, publications, clinical registries);
• in relation to data: maximizing the value of information assets by building data intelligence frameworks.
The candidate will have a dual role:
1) Junior project manager: manage small projects from A to Z, following Client’s framework, in collaboration with the IT System Owner: gathering of requirements, testing, writing of technical and user documentation, follow-up of changes.
2) Operational support of existing applications from the IT Medical portfolio. That includes:
a. Performing technical tasks, ranging from simple regular tasks (like data exports) to more complex tasks (like the design and implementation of simple side applications easing the running of operational tasks).
b. End user support (2nd line of support): develop the necessary technical expertise in order to provide technical support, including troubleshooting activities. Implement workaround procedures (including associated documentation) when standard methods have failed to ensure issues are addressed as quickly as possible. When necessary, escalate to the supplier and manage support tickets from creation to closing.
• Attention to detail;
• Capable of multitasking;
• Learning ability;
• Keen on documentation;
• Problem solving ability;
• Technical understanding;
• Time management.
• An experience in the pharmaceutical industry is not required but desired;
• GxP and IT validation experiences are a plus.
Required technical skills:
1) Programming knowledge: Java (including Eclipse, Maven, Hibernate), json, web services;
2) Platform knowledge: Apache httpd, Tomcat;
3) Database knowledge: SQL (mainly Oracle);
4) Tools: SVN, AD/LDAP;
5) Office tools: Excel, SharePoint (as an end user).
This description matches your profile and expectations?