Clinical Supply Planner Consultant
Are you looking for a new challenge and you want to work in an international pharmaceutical company as Clinical Supply Planner?
This assignment is for you!
The Clinical Supply Planner is mainly accountable but not exclusive for, distribution planning, supply planning, inventory management and customer service level (product availability) of Investigational Medicinal Products (IMP) for the studies assigned to him / her.
He/she will be responsible to create, implement and adapt an IMP supply strategy for the studies based on supply chain concepts (i.e. Distribution resource planning, material resource planning and etc..) defined in collaboration with stakeholders and provide visibility of it during trial duration.
He/she will ensure for the studies assigned: IMP availability, on time and in full for participating patients, balancing demand and supply and at the same time minimize and control the end to end supply chain costs to meet budget limits through the management of supply chain parameters (stock levels, write-off, requirements frequency, safety stock policy, lead times, etc...).
Scope: All clinical trials (phase 1-4) + Compassionate Use Programs (EAP/NPP/MAP) with CTS involvement + Investigator Initiated Trials/Studies (IIT/ISS) with CTS involvement
Clinical Supply Planning:
- In alignment with Clinical Supply Lead and Optimization experts, refines the IMP supply strategy to ensure adequate and sufficient forecasting of IMP.
- Drive production plan, distribution plan and IRT settings throughout the study
- Responsible for creating the IMP distribution strategy to ensure timely and cost efficient delivery to clinical sites using distribution requirements principles.
- Manages IMP demand (forecast) and supply fluctuations in order to ensure timely and effective supply availability throughout trial, while managing the risks and minimizing the supply chain costs
- Acountable for mitigating all supply disruptions, such as Out of Drug situations, temperature excursions, recalls, depot closures, etc. Manages the IRT settings to avoid and mitigate risks.
- Solving issues along the way, analyzing the context, proposing alternatives and reaching out to stakeholders to seek collaboration with the end goal on meeting customer’s needs.
- Orders packaging as well as resupplies for IMPs, and track releases. Orders and oversees expiry update re-labeling (shelf-life extensions)
- Manages inventory, order movements of IMP through the established distribution network.
- Manages study supply chain through the use of KPI's, such as forecast accuracy, scrap, inventory, enrolment and dispensing rates, etc…
- Monitors clinical and supply assumptions, as well as actuals, to reevaluate the distribution and supply plan throughout the study
- Ensures Strategic Development Supply Lead visibility on study supply activities and study supply budget variations for assigned trials. Proactively identifies risks and escalates issues
Project coordination and stakeholder management
- Guarantees optimal transfer of information/knowledge from CSSM, enabling an efficient conduct of the study, and ensures all deliverables until the study closure of the project
- Drives strong partnership with stakeholders (CTS functions, Clinical Team, Global Distribution and Logistics (GDL), QA, IRT vendor), acting as a key contributor in Joint Clinical Study Teams as a liaison for CTS during the study maintenance and closure. Educates and influences as needed, to ensure incorporation of CTS input into decisions impacting the IMP supply chain
- Key contributor for achieving the planned milestones regarding clinical supply
activities including packaging, labeling and distribution
- Support functions study closure activities
- Lead initiatives and projects to improve supply chain planning across using concepts and adapting
Foster effectiveness, efficiency and encouraging continuous improvements on business processes and SOPs by supporting or leading changes on those.
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally for business reasons.
Compliance : Ensure all compliant related topics are performed on time (Trackwise, Training plan, SOP reviews,...
Back up activities when required.
Must be fluent in English, written and spoken, must have experience in supply chain planning, intermediate knowledge of office apps , advanced knowledge on excel and must have a process/result oriented mindset.
APICS – CPIM certification completed preferred) and a minimum of:
• At least 3 years of experience on demand and supply planning, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry, with an understanding of demand, supply & logistics principles.
• Supply Chain Competencies
• Supply Chain Expertise: Understands supply chain planning and distribution processes been able to balance cost and service level either to internal customers/patients. Understands cause and consequence correlations between independent demand, dependent demand and supply planning parameters.
• Augmented Analytics: is able to build queries, summarize data and compute standard KPI's, including financial skills (ability to manage study and compound budget)
• Shared Competencies
• Gathering & Interpreting information: gathers information and data from relevant sources and systems; contributes to interpretation and analysis
• Delivering impactful results: understands and defines how own objectives contribute to value creation, and takes initiatives to exceed them
• Thinking holistically: understands the organizational structure and Value Chain, and more important, can correlate cause and effect inside the value chain.
• Learning through experience: learns from successes and failures, takes accountability for trying out new ideas and appreciates challenge
• Working together: contributes to working with internal and external stakeholders presenting opportunities to enhance performance, communicates effectively
• Championing change: tolerates risk and uncertainty, understands the need for and supports the process of change, reacts to changing demands
• Disciplined, high sense of urgency and problem solver – Knows how and understands why to prioritize tasks that would block operations and / or jeopardize patient customer service while keeping the discipline to follow strictly the routine tasks (daily, weekly, monthly)
• Project management: Able to create, follow-up and control a project plan. Lead project meetings and influence project teams to execute project activities to meet timelines while on budget limits.
This description matches your profile and expectations?