Head of Competence Center Structural Engineering
One of our Partners, a leading global Engineering consultancy company, is looking for a Head of Competency Center.
He or she will be responsible for a growing team of 75 people and lead a department that deals with a variety of deliverables such as sustainable feasibility studies, Conceptual & details design, etc of complex structures involving mostly concrete & steel and this for buildings, transport infrastructure, and industrial plants.
Based in Belgium and covering different sites across the country, the Head of Competence Centre Structural Engineering reports directly to the Director Buildings & Complex Structures.
He will guarantee an efficient planning of the right skills and competences for assigned projects, and will contribute to the quality of the studies, plans and documents provided at all levels of the projects, from feasibility through to the construction, through:
• Management, coaching, planning and supervision of the teams of engineers, designers and planners;
• Ensuring Operations & Knowledge Management support;
• Monitoring conceptual design specifications, procurement specifications, implementation, and delivery/transfer to the client;
• Monitoring market and technology trends and adapting to them at the right time.
This implies that you are responsible for:
• Quality, timing, organisation and production of your team within the agreed budgets of the projects;
• Coordination and (transversal) cooperation with the various stakeholders involved in the projects: customers, architects, project managers, …etc.;
• Defining training needs and providing Knowledge Management transfer within your team, including aligned tools and methods to ensure efficiency;
• Making sure that the right certification labels and standards are implemented for our customers;
• Seeking out and driving cooperation opportunities with other regional TE BU’s, or with external partners where necessary;
• Acting as a reference for your Competence Centre towards customers, partners, …etc.;
• Risk assessment;
• You have a University degree (technical or managerial) or equivalent, and experience in managing major transversal projects with a high technical value;
• You have at least 10 years of experience in a technical environment, preferably in the field of buildings and/or complex structures;
• You are an acknowledged leader, motivator, and coordinator;
• You have experience in operational management, and HR of large technical teams;
• You have an analytical and critical mind-set, able to quickly assess technical papers, documents and reports;
• You have strong communication skills and you are fluent in Dutch, French, and English;
• You have an entrepreneurial spirit, client and result oriented;
• You have an innovative mind-set, eager to develop new solutions and able to respond to a changing playing field;
• You are flexible, collaborative, assertive, empathetic and stress resilient, able to mobilize national and international teams and drive them forward in a pragmatic way;
• In-depth understanding the technological markets (standards, trends, competitors, industries, …etc.) and environment are assets.
This description matches your profile and expectations?