Senior Software Java Developer
Benson & Winch is searching for a Java software developer for one of our clients from the payment industry.
• Design, develop, test and integrate new features, new components and improvements to existing product functionality
• Integrate third party components into solution
• Prepare and study the technical feasibility and estimates of the proposed systems solutions
• Assist with the preparation and analysis of requirements
• Ensure maintenance and creation of automated integration and regression tests
• Ensure production of complete technical documentation and operating procedures
• Bug fixing on maintenance releases, code review and testing
• Liaise with operational team; as part of a 'Center of Expertise', actively contribute to the investigation and resolution of production issues;
• Willing to join an on-call rotation scheme when appropriate
• Willing to evolve/grow in a DevOps environment
University degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or equivalent discipline.
5+ years of experience in a similar position with at least 2 years in a Linux environment.
The following essential skills are listed in order of importance:
• A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in Object-oriented design, algorithms, and software design
• Development experience with multi-tier applications technologies and tools
• Extensive knowledge of Java and Java development frameworks: Spring, JPA, Log4j ...
• Experience with Web Application server (JBoss, Tomcat ...)
• Experience with automated testing techniques (Unit testing, Integration testing ...)
• Experience with mindsets of both Agile and DevOps
• Change management and versioning tools such as Git & BitBucket
The following additional skills are an advantage:
• Experience with automated GUI testing is a strong asset
• Knowledge of requirement management tool e.g. Confluence, Jira is an asset
• Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins and Continuous Deployment tools such Ansible is an asset
• Experience is Linux environment is a strong asset
• Experience in shell scripting (ksh, perl, awk)
• Experience with Oracle relational database is an asset
• Fluent in English (spoken and written)
• Team player
• Adaptability & responsiveness to change
• Quality mindset
This description matches your profile and expectations?